Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Monday, July 10, 2006

Living life from the inside out

"The way to gain a reputation is to endeavor to be what you desire to appear." — Socrates
The things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal. II Corinthians 4.1:18
Personal leadership is the process of keeping your vision and values before you and aligning your life to be congruent with them. ~ Stephen Covey
It's not hard to make decisions when you know what your values are. ~ Roy Disney
A key element to knowing myself is to sort out what is important to me - to me not to other people... oftentimes we adopt values through others lives and are not a true bone-deep reflection of our own personal values - My personal values are what define me as an individual. My values are what guide me and propell me into the future - they are what help me to distinguish what is right from what is wrong - they help me to lead a life full of meaning and purpose... am I me-deep in fooling myself about what my life truly is about? My values are to set my priorities - what the heck are they? I sometimes find it difficult to be true to myself - it means going against the crowd and making a stand... sometimes I would much rather just forego my position in order to avoid confrontation is seem so much easier at the time - that is until later when my 'me' is lost altogether... so that is why I am here now... looking at uncovering what my core values are... what motivates me each and every day...

Now to list a few values...caring, appearance, children, travel, family, faith, wisdom, accountability, calm, orderliness, communication, creativity, friendship, personal growth, loyalty, love/romance, leadership, integrity, honesty, gratitude, fun, respect for others, tradition, trust, truth, unity...
Ok so that is a ton of values... now it is just a matter determining which of those are my core values... my core motivators... my core decision makers... a task for another day maybe... lol I think maybe I should add procrastinating to the list... :S

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home