Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Tuesday, July 11, 2006

Is this normal?

Well goodnorming sunshine! ('cept the sunshine isn't even awake yet!) I got up early so that I could great the day properly... tee hee, no that cannot be true either - I start my next set at the hospital today and so that means if I want to have any output from my brain today I had better get it while I can! I have a paper due this thursday - ugh - and so I am thinking that with my refined procrastinating skills, getting up early is my only option! Besides... living in a house full of people... it is nice to have some time alone, a little room to breathe. *wink
So I have been thinking lately... what is truth and how do we know that it is truth? How do we measure truth? Can truth for one person be true for another and another still? I wonder... if I believe that someone loves me but in reality they do not, does that change anything for me if I still believe that they do love me? What about if I do not believe that someone loves me does that change anything?
It seems to me that perception plays a very large part in what we believe to be true. Our perception is our reality. But sometimes our reality is not the truth. It may be true to us, because it is what we feel and what we believe but it is not the truth. No matter how much we may believe that a fork is a spoon, truth says that it is always going to be a fork. There are things that are and things that are not - so how do we know what to believe? Well, I know that I am learning that things cannot always be based upon my feelings... cuz those go up an down with the change of the hormone tide (tee hee)... my feelings are there to help direct me but often times what I am feeling is not the truth... oftentimes when I feel angry - I am truthfully sad... and so it goes with many more of my feelings...
So again... how do we know what is true in this world? I cannot say that I know for certain... but I know that for me... I have to learn to trust. To trust those who have gone before me, to trust those whose lives show evidence of love for me, to trust the one who designed the workings of this not so normal person...
Now to work I go... Papa, help me to love like you love...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home