Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Tuesday, January 02, 2007

New Year thoughts and reflections...

... the new year is here! I love this time of year simply because everything seems to be fresh and new... it is a time of renewed vision, fresh dreams, and hopes to be fulfilled!

This year has a different feel for me... certainly it holds excitement and anticipation, there are a great deal of things that this year holds that will be first time experiences for me... I am moving out of province, completing my bachelor degree, going to Greece, celebrating weddings, and entering the world as an adult in the workforce... wow... is this the year I grow up?! I hope not!

I have grown tremendously over this past year... it seems that I have finally grasped some concepts that I have been trying to understand for so very long. Whether I fully understand them or not.. they are growing into fruition inside of me... I know that the work that has been started in me will be brought to completion... I am learning to revel in the arms of my first love, my true love. I am learning to discover truth and to seek it out... I am learning what it means to fly on the wings of eagles!
I have been and still am taking the time to declare who I am... who do I want to be... what are my dreams... what do I want in life... where do I want to go.. what do I want said about me when my life has been lived and I go home to Jesus...?
These are just some of the questions that I have been asking myself in the past few weeks... and although I don't have all the answers quite yet, I am ok with that because I know that discovering these answers and recognizing them to be truth is all a part of the journey that God has for me... for me... just as I am...
One of the greatest gifts that God has given is creativity... a beautiful reflection of himself... I have the ability to create my minutes, days and years... what they will look like will be a reflection of what decisions I will make... I have fallen short for so long, neglecting God's creation (me) and expecting him to treat me as if I were a puppet... that is not so... God has given me a mind, a beautiful mind, and a will to make decisions as I choose to... wow...
God has given me a future... what will I do with that future... what will my dance look like? Such a precious gift that has too often been taken advantage of... but now I know... all emotion set aside, I cannot deny God, I cannot deny who he is and what he has done for me... to base my life on emotion will not get me anywhere... it is time for truth... and it is my goal this year to discover truth in all areas... and to make truth the central part of all my conversation, with myself, with God and with others... it is time to expose the darkness with the light that only truth can bring... for that is when true healing comes... that is when a destiny is fulfilled...

We are created as a reflection of our Maker... a reflection of God - consider that for even just a second and I am sure that you will be overwhelmed at the depth of what that means...

I am reminded that in the year ahead Papa wants me to embrace the gift of 'me' that he created... just a few weeks ago I was out walking with God and was discussing with him how incredible the mountains were... (I LOVE the mountains) He said to me.. "Carin, you are always so amazed and in awe/wonder over the mountains... I am glad that you like them - I made them for you... but see those mountains, how magnificent they are... now look at your thumb." I was a little confused and so I asked him to explain... wow - He told me how I always make such a big deal about the beauty and incredulousness of the mountains when in reality they are nothing in comparison to the creation of me... all mountains are the same (composed of rock, metal etc) and its materials can be duplicated... I on the other hand cannot... the mountains only required a thought to create... I hold his breath... when he looks at me - it is with awe/wonder.... wow, how much do I fall short of deserving that kind of love! Nevertheless... I have HIS righteousness (right-standing)

Now... here's a word for the next year that Papa has given me... :)

"I stand between the years. The Light of My presence is flung across the year to come - the radiance of the Sun of Righteousness... Backward, over the past year, is My shadow thrown, hiding trouble and sorrow and disappointment.
Dwell not on the past - only on the present. Only use the past as the trees use My sunlight to absorb it, to make from it in after days the warming fire-rays. So store only the blessings from ME, the Light of the World. Encourage yourself by the thoughts of these.
Bury every fear of the future, of poverty for those dear to you, of suffering, of loss. Bury all thought of unkindness and bitterness, all your dislikes, your resentments, your sense of failure, your disappointment in others and in yourself, your goom, your despondancy, and let us leave them all, buried, and go forward to a new and risen life.
Remember that you must not see as the world sees. I hold the year in My Hands - in trust for you. But I sahll guide you one day at a time.
Leave the rest with Me. You must not anticipate the gift by fears or thoughts of the days ahead.
And for each day I shall supply the wisdom and the strength."

ok wow... Papa - I love you and in the year ahead I trust you and leave it to you to direct my paths.... free falling!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home