Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Saturday, December 23, 2006

professional boarder...

This is me and my newfound abilities!!! I knew I was going to be a pro boarder!!
(this was in my dreams last night... tee hee)
Ok... so can we say pain... giggles... I took soo many tumbles today!! It was soooo beautiful! (but its so pretty.. tee hee) - thats what I would say all day whenever I was feeling a little "overwhelmed" I started out just kind of getting used to the board with Birke... then I had a beginners lesson with Darcy for an hour... he is a great teacher... I am definitely going back to him for another lesson! (he also went over the hour to make sure I had turning down pat... so sweet) The guy at the handle tow took pity on me too... and everytime I would get to the bottom, he would just pull me so I wouldn't have to do the work :P... nature girl is returning... but there is still a little 'princess' stuck inside! giggles...

Seriously... I am doing pretty good considering it was my first day in 4 years... and second time at that... I went up the lift and did it twice... but by the end of the day it was harder cuz I was so tired... and took some pretty good spills... a few times I let out quite the shrieks as I landed with my body twisted at my knees... my one knee is throbbing - but I got back up and went at er again! I slowly feeling the aches settling... my wrists and shoulders (from getting up) and then my knees and calves... feel the burn! I loved it!
If all goes well... and my poor body heals from the damage that I bestowed upon it... I will be returning again on boxing day for round two!

Oh... before I sign out on this wonderous adventure... a little more humour! I set my alarm on my cell so that I could get up and shower before Birke arrived to pick me up... she was coming at a quarter after 8... so I got up at 7... jumped in the shower... took a little too long and so was grabbing all my things together... made it downstairs glanced at the clock to see how much time I had left.... apparently I had another three hours still!!!!! I had used my old cell from ON... yikes!! ON time is three hours ahead... so really I got up at 4am today! LOL... too funny for words... so I finished a book I started yesterday then went back to bed for a two hour nap! Then with a nice hot Timmy's... experienced the beauty of creation... and the pain of snowboarding... seriously, who invented such torture and called it fun?!?! (I am sorry... I do love it... my knee is speaking right now... )

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

happy bday tomorrow babycakes and merry christmas as well but bday first :D

love yah bunches

12:13 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home