Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Monday, October 16, 2006

a little rambling...

Matthew 14:23 - he went up on a mountainside by himself to pray.

Mark 1:35 - Very early in the morning, while it was still dark, Jesus got up, left the house and went off to a solitary place, where he prayed.

In living my day to day life I am surrounded by numerous people that I can aspire to be like - people who are good, who lead extraordinary lives, people who have paved the way, who have gone through their valleys and risen to mountain tops in their lives... they lead their lives by example. These people however, leave nothing to be desired when you compare their lives to that of Jesus... he knew what it meant to get his strength from the source
He is who I want to be like each and every day... every day I fall short - but that is not the point... the point is that he is always raising the standard higher and is there to walk with me through the battles and storms that life sends my way.
When I begin to hang my head in shame, he is there to lift my head and declare to me that he is faithful even when I am not, that he will never leave, that he is in it for the long haul, that he is always there to pick me up and give me something to run toward.
There is one example (well numerous really) that I long to be faithful in... like those verses in the beginning... spending alone time with my heavenly husband... there are days when it is easier than others, but I must admit that my 'environment' certainly doesn't support a day spent with someone whom you can't even 'see'... I want to try to get up earlier so that I have time while everyone is sleeping to be 'on the mountainside' or in a 'solitary place'
Days that I miss these times I feel the draw - and the longing... sometimes I wish that I was all done school so that I could just spend my days with him...
Anyway... school is calling now, sigh... for those of you who read this and believe in the power of prayer - pray that the intimacy would deepen, that I would learn to be obedient to the things that my Papa reveals... For those of you who read this and aren't too sure what you believe about this whole 'God' thing (smiles), just be happy that this is making me a better person - we hope!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home