Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Monday, October 09, 2006

enemy of the best...


"I have held many things in my hands and lost them all; but the things I have placed in God's hands, those I always possess." ~ Joyce Earline Steelburg

I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day. ~ 2 Timothy 1:12

"Pursuit of 'good things' can hinder obedience. It has been said that 'the good is the enemy of the best.'" ~ Elaine Creasman

God has said, "Never will I leave you; Never will I forsake you." ~ Hebrews 13:5

Casting the whole of your care (all your anxieties, all your worries, all your concerns, once and for all) on Him; for he cares for you affectionately, and cares about you watchfully. ~ 1 Peter 5:7

He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber. ~ Psalm 121:3

"Christ has no body now on earth but yours. Yours are the only hands with which He can do his work, ours are the only feet with which he can go about the world, yours are the only eyes through which his compassion can shine forth upon a troubled world. Christ has no body now on earth but yours" ~ Teresa of Avila

So it has been an interesting battle going on inside of me for the past few days... I went to a seminar on campus for Canadian travel nursing and heard about an incredible opportunity in California... $15 000US signing bonus, $35.85US/hr with a $4.25 shift differential... really there isn't much that can top that - and I haven't signed my contract in Terrace yet... and the recruiter seemed to take interest in me... could this be God?!!!
My cousin, I have just found out, is working in northern Ontario as an administrative missionary... she raises her own salary... wow! We've had some really great talks this past weekend and I really do feel that God is leading to Terrace... there is ministry there and I feel that God wants me to entrust my future into his hands... I truly believe that this oportunity in Cali is a distraction and that it would be the 'good' that is the enemy of the best... enemy of what it is that my Papa has planned for me in Terrace... There is so much that doesn't make sense about Terrace to me and yet something inside of me feels 'the peace' and I know that Papa wants 'peace to be the umpire' - the decision maker in my life... Cali is my Isaac and I am laying it down for the greater call knowing that God will perfect the work in me that he has begun and he will not let me slip and fall... he will be with me... I am entrusting my future into his hands... Funny how surrender makes things clearer... obedience really is the easiest route to take! Wow - I must be growing up! giggles.. oh Papa, I love you!

3 Comments:

Blogger Tamara said...

I went to San Diego for 3 months with one of my mom's nurse friends to watch her daughter..it was an awesome experience! She was an ER nurse in Terrace for a long time & she said she learned tons being in California =D

9:25 PM  
Blogger Carin said...

thanks tams... just as I decided to stay in Terrace! :P

4:16 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Yes, sometimes money is a huge factor in where we are willing to work. But I admire you for thinking and praying about this thoroughly. Its not easy to turn down that kind of cash. Sheesh! Most people wouldn't.

My uncle in-law also started his nursing career in California...he worked there for a few years and then moved back to Canada. Its probably life changing job experience out there...I can only imagine what you'd see out there compared to here! But pray about it, God will lead you in the right direction.

10:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home