Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Friday, October 13, 2006

Marry me?!

wow... not quite sure what I thought it would feel like... but it sure wasn't quite like this...

I was sitting at the dining room table listening to Mike and Cara talk about their courtship (what an incredible story!) - and I heard him whisper...

Mike had spoken about how he had been 'dating' God... and it was time to marry him...

That's when he said it... "my love, will you marry me?"
Wow... in the excitement and anticipation of someone in love my heart bursted - YES! Yes, I will marry you... I will spend my todays and tomorrows with you - the lover of my 'me'ness - the lover of my life - the lover of my soul - the lover of all of who I am and have been and ever hope to be... I will

Earlier this year (around the middle of the summer) he had spoken to me about marriage. I had already committed to a time of celibacy before God... I would not date anyone but God until the new year as a minimum... God told me that he was using this time to prepare me for marriage - to renew my mind and to 'create a right spirit in me'...

I have to admit - moving to Terrace certainly did not fit into my idea of 'a great place to find a man - there really aren't so many of em that match my list'... my heavenly lover has answered my heart in words that I still have yet to ponder... "my sweet love... you don't need 50, you just need 1" Now, I still don't know how that is going to work cuz I don't even see one... but God knows... and I am learning that all I have to do is trust and follow... it really is simple.

And so... back to "will you marry me?" It's incredible to me how much I can misinterpret what I hear... when God told me he was preparing me for marriage... he was and is... I am his bride... though I have been living as his girlfriend...hmm

I challenge you - take a look at that one... granted I have just done a ton of rambling, which may not even make sense in the morning... but there was soooo much that hit my spirit tonight...and I wanted to make sure that I could look back and at least glean the principles...

My heart is full tonight - I will go to sleep in love...

1 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

What a nice post, Carin. When you said you've been living as His girlfriend... ouch... It's wonderful that God loves us and is so committed to us no matter where we've been! Great post!

8:23 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home