Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Friday, November 03, 2006

Blessing in disguise


A disguise usually indicates that something is hidden.... and you are unable to recognize it... that was certainly the case only an hour ago when I was stanging outside in the bitter cold, waiting for a bus that would never appear (our transit has been on strike for four weeks and was to be back today!)... I was ticked...and not to mention - supposed to be at the hospital in less than an hour... what was I going to do!

I walked back home... found the telephone number and extension for my floor - called and said that I was going to be late....turns out, that my preceptor is working nights not days this weekend! Who knew!!

So the bus not showing was really the greatest thing that could ever have happened... could you imagine how upset I would have been if I'd gone all the way to the hospital before realizing that she wasn't going to be there?! Wow!

So there is a lesson here, I know Papa, I know... I have to learn to trust that my steps are ordered by you, that you can see the bigger picture... that I can't just get all upset before talking to you and finding out what is happening... I believe it goes something along the lines of... slow to anger... trust in the lord and he will direct your steps.... he sees the hidden things... Yes Papa... LOTS to learn! smiles... thank you for your love and your patience...

Sooo... another good thing to come of all of this.... I get the chance to work nights - I don't quite know how I am going to stay up all night especially when I went to bed and got a good sleep last night for a full day today (gonna have to TRY to nap) - but I wanted this chance... nights... they are so much more different and I am looking forward to embracing every aspect of nursing!

Almost done... 34 days left I think!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Great post!

9:49 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home