Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Thursday, October 26, 2006

cva with right hemiplegia

for the past two days I have had a patient who is a recent cva with right sided hemiplegia... translated into english... stroke with right sided weakness... gotta love medical terminology! So anyway, the point - they pt (patient) has made tremendous progress over the last two days... and today was actually feeding themselves! I was super happy - and the family is being so supportive so that makes a great big difference! smiles... all my other pts were great also... I had one pt who was Italian... it was fun to speak in Italiano with them and to reminisce about my visit to Italia... The staff are great - and I am loving my placement there - sooo hard to believe that October is almost over! yikes! but that means... ho ho ho CHRISTMAS! (oh I better not get started... or I'll be on a tangent...)
So halloween... the Jack n Jill is on Saturday night... its gonna be great fun! I am excited to dress up - so much fun pretending to be a kid again! I hope we raise lots of money for Jo n Theresa!

Ok... totally zonked... been up since 5:30am... now almost 11pm... and worked 13 of those hours... whine whine whine... yes I know, welcome to the world of adulthood - giggles... thank you Papa for the ability to work...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

hey, what are your plans when you come back to Terrace? You start at Mill's on Jan15, does that mean you're going to be here awhile or is it just short term?

8:53 AM  
Blogger Carin said...

I am going to be back in Terrace probably by the 15th or so of Dec... but then have to come back to ON for a week in Jan... then back to Terrace til end of April... then ON and Greece for a bit... then back to Terrace! To live and move and have my being...

9:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its not my first time to go to see this website, i am visiting this site dailly and obtain pleasant
facts from here everyday.

Feel free to visit my site - how much should i weigh for my age and height

2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home