Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Tuesday, December 12, 2006

my last day as an Ontario resident...

Tomorrow morning the Greyhound departs with its very precious Christmas cargo... me! I will get up early to have that birthday breaky with my sweet love... yay!

Today was a good day... full of blessing! I got up and puttered around packing last minute things... had a great talk with my dear friend Trish... gosh I love that girl! Then my uncle called and before I ran out I went to get the mail (for my last time) and my contract for Mills was in there... outlining all the details and the best part - the pay! I actually get a monthly allowance for working in an 'isolated area'... SEE EVERYONE! I told you Terrace was in the middle of nowheres! giggles...

Anyways... with that excitement... I was off to meet my uncle... more blessings from heaven let me tell you!!!

This evening was then full of magical delight...
We celebrated our Christmas together this evening... Jilly, BJ, Koda and I... they are such wonderful people... I love them to pieces!!! We had a delicious roast dinner and then opened gifts - I of course had to open my birthday one first... cuz Jilly says that birthdays come before Christmas... I love that she makes a big deal of my birthday... it makes me feel so much more special... as she always does!! Here's a few pics...

Ok... so I look a lot tired... just don't forget I am a sicky right now... and BJ... he just doesn't like Christmas so he was trying not to participate... he's such a softy inside...

Anyhoo... the end of the evening... went for a drive with AJ and Les to get Hot Chocolate from Timmy's... then to look at the Christmas lights on Old Scugog... an old tradition... the houses on Old Scugog are massive... and everyone (mostly) on the street decorates their houses with lights... it is soooo beautiful! My christmas is complete because of it!!! Les you are brilliant!!

Tomorrow... sigh... bus for 4 whole days... ugh... I am looking forward to the reading though... and the me time of reflection... gotta look for the good!!!! And anyone who wants to send txt msgs... call my fam for my cell number! I will welcome them gladly!!

Ontario loves... I will miss you... BC treasures... I will see you soon.... the rest of the world... SQUISH

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Looking forward to seeing you!!

10:50 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Have a great trip!

11:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home