Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Tuesday, December 02, 2008

update on the last excitement!

Well... it as ONLY been just over 3 and a half months since my last post! :P
So to start I will update on my list of excitement (which is kind of fun cuz I get to relive all that excitement!)
1. the yardwork... umm yeah... kinda needs to be done all over again- the leaves are just not done... oops... thankfully Aaron raked up a bunch of them for me... he is such a great guy!! You all should know I love him to bits!

2. the GTT - was amazing!! I think if I look back what I remember the most about the sermons is how often people will say oh thank goodness I am not going here, not on this road anymore... and they miss out on the joy of the time that they are in... um yeah guess you had to be there... ALSO, all the good times surrounding that weekend will be heart memories that will be treasured for always... the trip to the Nass... the teambuilding night... the campfires... the HotRod movie night... le sigh - good times!

3. April's arrival home! It has been great having her back... she seems to have grown up more over the summer... and is becoming quite the young woman... a little bit of a tyrant at times... a little obsessive about next Christmas... but I know its just cuz she loves me and wants to be with me...

4. Meeting Bernie Bunnie... that was interesting to say the least... not really too sure what to make of him... really... I am glad though that April is happy with him - and he treats her well.

5. Matt's visit... smiles - well there have been a few more of those in between...but I think that was the first visit that he was here after we decided to pursue our relationship beyond just a friendship... and just to add... I think that was a great choice on his part! :P kidding... I meant on my part! He is amazing... and yes, I love him!

6. The back to school bash... went wonderfully... smiles - had to quiet some of the kids down a bit by 3am but meh... good times and great pics were had!

7. My pediatric specialty... the first course is done done done! I passed it with a 90% (the last rushed assignment must not have been a good one!) I am glad to have it finished... and not sure how excited I am about starting up again in January... guess I had better get moving on that if I am going to register!!

8. Hiking shoes... I love them! They are great for walking too - oh and I did take them with to Creston and they were quite wonderful for hiking up Thompson with Jen, Adam, Gabby, Josh and Matt... oooo that was COLD!

9. Working with they youth... :) Yes this dream has come true! We have had two weeks so far and I am excited to see what God is going to do in their hearts... I am looking forward to developing my own leadership skills and to doing what it takes to see these young people grow...

10. I did end up preaching in September... I spoke about how our identity is found in intimacy... if you want to hear it, I will try to figure a way to upload it or send it... It was an incredible learning experience for me, and I was truly blessed to have the opportunity and the support of my church family.

OK - now to PRESENT DAY!! yes... I said present day... eeekkk!! I am sooo excited for Christmas - and my birthday!!! This year is extra special... as far as Christmas goes I am getting the greatest gift ever - Matt is going to be here! And as far as my birthday goes... this year is my golden birthday! that means... turning 25 on the 25th! ... can we say party anyone?!?!

Yes, I know I am rambling at this point... I have tons to do... really I have tons that I could talk about as I have not updated on here in beyond forever... but for all of my new fans who live forever and a day away... I am going to try and be faithful on here... smiles!

Well off to work for me - and by work I mean cleaning and organizing my overfull house!! (mom and the kids have moved in... :S)

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Oh, Cuz.

I so wish I could drop in and have a cup of tea and a chat with you. To really catch up on life.

Yes, I want to hear the message you gave back in September! If you find a way to make that happen, I'd love it.

Happy that Matt will be there for you this Christmas/Birthday. HURRAY! I hope you have a good one.

Much love,
Laura<><

2:44 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

I'm SO glad you finally updated!! I checked back basically every since day..and nothing. Nothing until now of course lol

You're right, once school is out we -must- get together. We have a little too much to catch up on.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Darci said...

I want to hear your message that you preached!!

5:25 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home