Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Sunday, November 12, 2006

my yesterday

SO yesterday was great... I had coffee with my friend Shannon... we have known each other since kindergarten... she was always one of my favourite people in school - always so kind and friendly... and it delights my heart that we are still friends today! We talked as if we had never parted.... as if a single day had not been missed - it was wonderful! Our lives are so similar in some ways so it was nice to just be able to talk... and to know that you are loved and have been loved through the hardest times in your life... Thanks Shan

Later that day at about 2:30 I caught my first of three buses to Toronto... First the durham transit bus to the oshawa bus terminal, then the GO bus York Mills stn., then the subway to Eglinton, then walked for a half hour in the wrong direction... turned around and made just in time for an incredible dinner!
Kevin's mom was up from the states for a visit so that is why I went last night... she is one of the most incredible people that I know... truly an amazing woman... I met her at Easter when we drove down there to visit. She gave me a Father Christmas that I can't wait to bring out! Bud was there too... he was so surprised to see me! His face was so wonderful... he adores me and thinks I am the most wonderful person in the world - how can you not love someone who loves you like that!
Anyway... Bud drove me to the York Mills stn to save me the subway trip - sweet of him... then I made the journey home... and made it home by about 11:30 - completely exhausted... days like that I wish I had my car... soon enough I guess...
It was such a full day - I am sooo thankful for every part of it - even the getting lost part I guess... giggles...

Today was great too... but the post is entitled 'my yesterday' so I better leave it at that!
Although I will quickly add a great big THANK YOU to my sweet love for dinner... which was apparently my birthday dinner - a little early... but thank you a zillion times over - I love spending time with you!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home