Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Monday, November 06, 2006

Valleys...

Much grows in the valleys...

Psalm 23 - going through valleys...

If you knew what the valleys would look like ahead of time... would you still answer the call... hmm probably not! For this reason I am so thankful that God doesn't tell me ahead of time what my valleys will be... cuz if he did I may not have answered the call!

The same God who has brought me through the very worst times in our life will take us through this time now... we just have to trust like David did...

I find that oftentimes I want to move out of the valleys as fast as I can - to avoid the pain that sometimes accompanies the walk from the valley to the peak... but I am beginning to recognize that pain is a good thing! Pain tells us that growth is happening... remember when you were a kid and you would get pains in your legs... growing pains... life was happening... and it was good, you were maturing...
It is the same with the spirit... when we feel pains we are growing... being made whole... the length of the process depends on the depths of the issues or the stubborness of the person ;)

It would be nice to think of living on the mountain top always... but there is soo much in the valleys that makes life the incredible journey that it is! The lavishness of life is found in the valley... the trials and tribulations... the pain and the sorrow - they all indicate to us that we are alive! That we still have purpose - that we are changing - being changed..

And we learn so much in the valleys... we learn how to go through the next one... we learn how to live on the the mountaintops while we are there... we build character...

Not really sure where I am going with this... smiles... guess I just really needed to remind myself to embrace the valley's of life along with the peaks... I am having a bit of a rough time right now...grieving an unhealthy friendship - learning to surrender it to God... to let him carry it for me - his shoulders are built for that... and he does a better job of it too!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home