Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Thursday, August 02, 2007

my bag is packed...

and I am ready to go??

In just a few short hours I will be finished my last night shift of this set... why is that important you may ask? It means that in just a few short hours, my outdoor adventure to the Queen Charlottes with my gum girl will commence!
We have spent the last week or so planning this trip - for her birthday - to the Charlotte's... we are taking our bikes, our backpacks and a tent over on the 11am ferry and trucking (ok biking) around the island for 4 days... we will be back the night before our next set starts...
I am not really sure what to expect... and I am not really sure that I am as prepared as I should be - but meh! It is our outdoor adventure!!
We are planning on hiking up to Yakoun Lake, basking on the beaches, checking out the half-carved canoe, the fallen Great Golden Spruce (or whatever kind of tree!), the old shipwreck, and the balancing rock! Its gonna be full of fun - freedom - and fresh air!
So... if you dont see me around for the next few days... nothing to worry - I will be over the waters... and returning on Monday evening.... enjoying (hopefully) some much needed time off!!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Have a great and safe trip! I might be going on one myself! Trying to find a quick, yet inexpensive way to Stoon for a couple of weeks! So I guess I'll see ya when I see ya! Have fun!!

6:20 PM  
Blogger Darci said...

Hopefully it was a great time! I was supposed to go in a few days but with just starting a job, decided shouldn't ask for time off.

9:54 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

I hope you had an awesome trip! I absolutely love the Charlottes...it can be bloody miserable if the weather doesn't cooperate, but if it's nice it has to be one of the most beautiful places on earth!

Please tell me you went to Gray Bay & the aggot beach/toe hill area!

5:26 PM  
Blogger starla said...

hope you had a blast!! call me i have a question for you.

5:11 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home