Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Thursday, December 04, 2008

havin a great day!

SO after another ridiculously late night call with Mr. Wonderful... I had to get up this morning for work!
I thought for sure that the day would be the longest one ever and yet here I am on my coffee break wide awake and still full of pep and sunshine... even though the great outdoors is being blanketed with beautiful puffy snow - it looks soo magical!

Its the cutest thing of today really... I walked into my one room this am and said my goodmornings... and as the day goes on this one ol man says to me... "so the way I see it - you and me we have two problems..." (oh really, and what are those??) "your boyfriend and my wife!" ha ha ha... he is only jokin around - grateful for the assistance with things... he's a sweetie... and it certainly has made my day light and easy. ;) Thanks Papa, for being you and for shining through me today... for carrying me through...

Ok and another greatest thing ever about today... I GOT A PRESENT!!! smiles... my little sis and my Mom brought me a coffee and bagel and then handed me... a package! Mr. Wonderful strikes again... the cutest card ever and a Christmas CD for me to enjoy!!! He is seriously quite the thoughtful guy... and looks for so many ways to make the distance less... I can't wait to see him on the 11th!

Now - one more thing before I have to go back to work... really there is so much to say and not enough time or can't type fast enough... K - long story short - I have been trying to swap around a bunch of my shifts at the end of December cuz Matt is coming!!!! He was going to surprise me but as it turned out I was scheduled to work 9 out of 11 days that he was going to be here... BOO... anyhoo... the latest and greatest news - I just got the 23 and 24th of Dec off!!!! YAHOO!!! I still have to work 25th and 26th night shift but thats ok.. cuz its all triple time... thank you Jesus! Oh and I have to work New Years Day - I won't be hung over... but I will be zonked! lol... what else is new these days... sigh - so worth it though... this must be love! giggles...

K... best get back to work! I'll try to pop on here again soon!! Happy 20 days til Christmas and my birthday to all!!!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

Can I just say...

That I love you, and I can so feel your enthusiasm?

You make me grin.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Well, well, well. I guess I should have been checking your blog; I didn't know you were updating! Glad to hear things are going your way, what a happy post this is!

7:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home