Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Another knight in shining armour...


He was perfect, he told me I was beautiful, he treated me with respect, we laughed together, and shared so many things...did I say he was perfect? He was everything I wanted... but he didn't want me.
I have a treasured friend in Ontario who just recently ended things with her knight... the tears are fresh and full of pain... and I ask myself how any man could do this to such a special person. It causes me to wonder, why do we allow the past events play such an important role in the decisions that we make today... why do we become so scared of intimacy... it seems to me that the world has become so full of people that are longing for the deeper levels of intimacy and yet they don't know how to find it, so they settle or they give into physical pressures in order to find that split second, that one moment of connectedness with another person. It makes me sad...
I have determined that I will settle no longer for a tinfoil knight, I want the real thing... I want true intimacy... intimacy that involves the heart, not just the body. I know now how to find that... and what that picture will look like... thanks to a very special man who has loved me more than anyone ever could...
I have hope again and I pray that my 'sweet love' in Ontario will also know this awesome love one day as she begins to heal... to hope again... and to love with a love that endures... She is worth it, she is a woman of incredible value and beauty. Her beauty is not just an outer one, but one that penetrates deep within...
As for me... my knight will come someday - for now though, I am simply enjoying the romance of life... just look around, it's everywhere!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home