Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Thursday, September 21, 2006

Bootcamp done... time for the Battlezone!



Nursing Bootcamp, designed to prepare us for the battlezone that will be our clinical environment. 5pm today marks the completion of my 12 hours in the simulation lab and I must say, I did pick up a few things... and I am looking forward to starting tomorrow at LHO (Lakeridge Health Oshawa). If I haven't said it before, I will be working on the cardiopulmonary floor - 4M. I have a great deal to learn in this area of nursing and my preceptor (nurse mentor) seems like a great woman and my faculty advisor is someone who I look up to a great deal - they are both wonderful nurses and I will do well if I can become even half the nurse that they are. I don't want to settle for half though, I will start with what I have and what I know, and who I am... and through the years to come I will develop my skills and my nursing knowledge and become the very best nurse that I can be... one day (if not today) you'll all want me as your nurse!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home