Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Wheelchair Relay 2006!

Hey peoples...

Just sent out a zillion emails to people asking for pledges for the wheelchair relay that I am participating in on Sunday September 17, 2006!

This pic is from last year - it was a great time and I know that it is for a good cause!

I first heard about this through the people that I travel with. Kevin works for CPA (Canadian Paraplegic Association) and so has a large part in organizing this event! The event does a lot in order to help people who have new inuries and I know first hand how important their work is as I have had numerous opportunities to travel with people who have sustained spinal cord injuries. The CPA works toward educating and helping integrate people with various levels of 'ability' back into the community after their life changing accidents... its incredible to watch people do things 'for the first time' post-injury!

If you guys think you could spare even just $10 (one McDonald lunch) to help out that would be absolutely awesome... and as you know... you can use the receipt that they send you for your taxes... yay! Money back is always super wonderific!

There is a site you can pledge on that you can go to - its totaly secured!

OH!! Thanks to my cuz Laura... her donation of $50!!! You are the most awesomest!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home