Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Laundromat and Smoothies


So got up today to have some coffee with Jilly out on the back porch... it was nice to sit and chat with her - we are both so busy with different schedules... gosh I love that girl! She makes me feel so loved...

Jilly had to go get her car sticker (birthday on Saturday), so she dropped me off at the laundromat - I had two weeks worth of laundry to do... totalled three loads! Crazy! It was my first time doing laundry at a laundromat - but because my washing machine broke over the summer it was a necessary journey for me to make! It was a decent experience... not life-changing or anything though...

Bootcamp today was only an hour long because we had class at 4... my pretend patient was a kid in an isolation room for ESBL, MRSA, and C-diff... (thanks Mills for the prep!)

Class was cool... we watched a documentary: The Boy in the Bubble... really makes you question the quality of life... and the measures that we take in order to protect life rather than just trust God to take over...hmmm

After class, instead of going to the gym, we went over to this new place around the corner from my place called "Jus Chillin'" It is a really cool place where they have music, food, and an environment for all ages... and, I know the owner! We have decided that we are definitely going to be going every week for Twoonie Tuesday (smoothies for $2 every Tues) after class... ALSO they have wireless access, so I may go more often to sit and do some work...! It'll be great.

Tonight... just had a chat with Justin on msn... he is still acting wierd... whatever... he is supposed to call later... For now, watching some Grey's Anatomy and getting some research for some upcoming papers... ugh

3 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Mmmm smoothies, Grey's Anatomy...what a great combinations (even if you didn't have them at the same time!)

Glad to hear that everything is going well out there! Take care.

9:47 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Who is this Justin guy???? please tell!

10:05 PM  
Blogger Carin said...

Justin... hmm... how to describe him... we've been friends since I was 19... we've never crossed any lines but definitely get along wonderfully... I love him to pieces, but only as a friend... we don't have the same belief system and thus a relationship further than friends can't happen...

6:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home