Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Thursday, September 07, 2006

Day one back on campus... AJ picked me up this morning right on time... we made it and sure enough... in our fourth year... could not find K14 in the Simcoe Building... as if!!!! We made it just in time for the beginning or orientation, which by the way was actually a decent orientation... June Macdonald-Jenkins is wonderful and I am looking forward to having her as the fourth year co-ordinator.
During lunch break I worked at getting everything organized... I went to the computer commons and printed of my OSAP estimate so that I can get my fee deferral so that I can pick up my laptop... next, went to get my student card, BUT it would be a 2hr wait... so I said I would pick it up on monday... then took a few mins to grab a coffee before heading back into the orientation...
Ending the orientation with a meeting with my faculty advisor, I headed over to the student centre to make an appointment to sign my OSAP documents for next week.. as all the ones for this week were already taken!!! The soonest I can get in is next Thurs... which is good! crazy!
At home, I sat outside for a bit enjoying the beautiful sunshine... ahh I am so glad to be getting some of this ON heat... then headed over to my darling pissy's house... her baby girl is getting sooo big... and beautiful! and... she's prego again!
Now, here I sit.. talking to Justin and writing about my day... being accused of talking to other pple while trying to fill all my darling Terracites in on my day... terrible... anyhoo... said bye to him... and now going to surf for a job... I think that I want to work at the university in the nursing lab... I can be a peer tutor... crappy money but good experience... and not too many hours... as this year is going to be pretty crazy as far as the learning requirements and expectations...
So... goodnight all... off to finish up... tomorrow is another day of orientation - more simulations and stuff... then gym... then movie night...I skipped out on the Tartan much to Kristal's heartache... lol...

Oh... Campus Fest 06... something to check out for sure!
http://www.campusfest06.ca/
I think I just might go!! Anyone wanna come?!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home