Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Kidney Failure - a spiritual glance

yesterday felt like a blur... got up by nine but had to go back to bed... I couldn't even function! (after my 12hr shift on Sun, I went over to a friends house to help her with some wedding plans... she wants me to be in the wedding party... story for another time soon!)

Anyway, in my blur of a day I didn't tell you about my time at the hospital on Sunday. It was pretty interesting. I had a patient who was in Kidney Failure. She hadn't voided (went pee) in 36 hours! She came in for dehydration but what the doctor thinks is that she was so severely dehydrated when she came to us that she had already caused damage to her kidneys... poor sweetheart!

So today... looking to spend some time with my Papa before I get all crazy busy with assingments... I wanted to update you on my happenings, and he told me to dig a little deeper into the case! How does the 'kidney' fit into my personal life - aside from the physical of course! tee hee... so here goes my exploration!

Jesus talked a lot in parables and as I was thinking about this, I am thinking about how often we allow ourselves to become so dry, and keep to ourselves so much that we pur our lives into failure.
There are numerous results of kidney failure... one being the fact that no matter how much you take in, you cannot get rid of it... and thus, build up toxins in your body. Our Papa wants us to filter what we take in, to measure it according to the standard of the word, and get rid of all that is not necessary to our lives. Sometimes we think that what we are taking in is not harmful, but I am forced to look at the kidney again... too much even of a good thing can be harmful - there needs to be an output!
We are created in the image of God - he is giving in all that he does and I am thinking if we don't allow ourselves to pour out what we have put in, then we are not functioning in the capacity that we are created for and moving toward degeneration....
So I ask myself, first of all, "what am I putting in? Am I getting the 'nutrients' that I need to keep myself healthy? Am I getting enough?" Then I ask, "Do I have an output?" "Am I getting rid of the waste that I knowingly and unknowingly put into my person?"
I admit that I need to do some adjusting in my life... my in needs to equal my out... and I need my spiritual kidney/filter to work... getting rid of the toxicities that are a part of my past, present and future... Papa, I don't want to go into failure... help me!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home