Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Tuesday, October 03, 2006

Seasons...


The leaves are changing their colours so very quickly... it is absolutely gorgeous! My world is alive with colour! I love the colours of autumn... it seems to take away from the decline in temperature that I love so much! (not) I am especially looking forward to being up in the Rideau area for thanksgiving... sooo many beautiful trees...
Also, a family reunion! All of the aunts and uncles and cousins of my mom's side of the family will be meeting up this weekend... even mom and the kids are coming down! YAY - I am super excited! Some of them I haven't seen in years because ever since mom moved out to Beautiful BC, I have missed the Christmas get-togethers so that I could be with my family on Christmas (my birthday also :P)... so needless to say - its going to be wonderful!
Ok, its been about a week since I have last written... and I haven't even been that busy! I mean I am always busy -but no excuse for not updating here!
I am supposed to be writing an assignment right now which is probably why I am writing here instead... I still have not overcome my procrastinating ways... semi-trying though! giggles... So a quick recap of my week...
last Wed...um nothing special really - I had a meeting with my faculty advisor to go over a few things for clinical
Thurs.... I had an 8hr shift at the hospital - 8hr shifts are a joke! It goes by so fast!
Fri... went for a run and um... oh yeah - stayed in watching movies all by myself! I decided against going out with some people...
Sat... Arrrgggoooo's went to the Toronto Argonauts football game at the Roger's Centre (formerly known as the SkyDome) - it was Somer's bday... she won a leather chair during one of their promo breaks.... yay for her!! We had great seats... closest row to the field! I ditched Chandra n AJ to sit with Graham and Aaron... it was great to see Graham again, he is such a great guy! ...anyhoo, after the game was over (I thought it was only halftime... yes its true) we headed over to Armadillos for some eats and some drinks... good times...
Sun... I finally had a free Sunday and I was not going to miss church - I was exhausted as anything (we didn't get in until about 3am!) but forced myself outta bed... jumped into some clothes and took the roomies car to go check out City Heights Church (Raoul and Wendy's Church) It was really good... very friendly people... and some people that I already knew! One of the guys that I went to Bible College with was there! Such a small world!
Mon... yesterday... oh yes! I got up to do some homework before I had to meet a new family for potential babysitting - it went well and I am sure she'll call sometime... feels silly to me that I am still babysitting but its something I enjoy and something that fits into my lifestyle... and it pays better than a pt job... anyway - after that meeting I headed off to Ethan and Carter's... my boys... we had a great day together - we made treasure maps and parrot puppets the week before so this week I brought along those halloween smarties packs and hid them outside... we followed the treasure map - and found treasure! Carter was adorable... he finished his and went back to the same spot to find some more! too cute! They were filthy after playing outside so I gave them a bath before dinner... after dinner we played down in the basement until Kara got home... THEN later last night was my Hip Hop class... which was the best one yet! I loved the routine!
So now we are at today... and I need to do that assignment! It sure does take a long time to recount my not busy week!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home