Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Tuesday, November 28, 2006

I am free...

True freedom is something that so many have searched for... searched for it in power, in money, in adventure... but true freedom is never found there.
It is found only in the environment of love... of vulnerability and exposure. When we open ourselves raw, lay bare all that makes us who we are - all the beauty, along with all the nasty - when we walk in that we are walking in true freedom...
Think about it for just a minute... think to the times when you have felt the most alive and free... I am going to guess that those times were times when you were completely 'you' without reservation but with reckless abandon!
I am really learning to love vulnerability... well trying to anyway! It is so incredible to me that even when I share my most difficult struggles or crazy habits and quirky actions... I still find love. woooow
Honestly, that is one of the greatest gifts that the world has given me... I have been me, and found acceptance and love... incredible! It was a first for me to find that I could be loved and accepted just as I am... I didn't have to be perfect, I could rest in knowing... I am always going to be imperfect and thats ok.... And really to be honest - I know Papa was always there holding out that hand - I was just too stubborn to see that and chose not to make myself aware of it.
All throughout the word we can find reference to freedom... Here are some good keys!

Psalm 119:45 - I walk about in freedom, for I have sought your precepts.

Jeremiah 34:15 - Recently you repented and did what was right in my sight: each of you proclaimed freedom to his countrymen. You even made a covenant before me in the house that bears my name.

Romans 8:21 - that the creation itself will be liberated from its bondage to decay and brought into the glorious freedom of the children of God

Galatians 5:1 - It was for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm than and do not let yourselves be burdened again by the yoke of slavery.

1 Peter 2:16 - Live as free men, but do not use your freedom as a cover-up for evil; live as servants of God.

Certainly - there are zillions more to be found... more treasure to unbury! My challenge daily is to embrace that freedom and to walk free from 'the decay' that life sends... to do what is right in they eyes of my Papa, and to dance about in that freedom!

OK now.. that productive day yesterday... yah right - I got my final eval done... baked some chocolate chip cookies, talked to my mama forever, and met my sweet love for dinner - ah wonder! So as you can see... no big assignment... which is due tomorrow... less than 24hrs away! Oh GOSH... today I have class too... and a meeting with my current pastor... time to get crackin!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home