Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Sunday, November 26, 2006

prayer...

I was talking with a new friend this evening... we were discussing what the am sermon was about... and how it impacted us specifically (well along that line)

Anyway, his pastor was talking about being thankful (american US) and the importance of rembering to be thankful for all things... and also about prayer...his pastor was saying that people usally pray about just the big things and not small stuff, which is somthing that many of us find ourselves doing without even realizing... but what we neglect to see is that Whatever we pray about is small in the eyes of God - there is absolutely nothing that he cannot do our prayer requests both big and small to us... 'aint nothing but a thing' to him! (definitely more to come on this... it was an 'ah ha' moment for me!)

As for the rest of the evening... its always great to talk about the deeper things with friends... we talked and talked for hours... about stuff in the fridge and about our 'lists'...

Now about the 'lists' - we talked about the small things.. and the went into the deeper things... things that sometimes we wouldn't think about including like a high sex drive - granted that is something that you have to trust Papa to take care of - it is still something that I think if it is important to you, should be included.... things like physical attributes can be included but taken lightly becuase they are things that will fade with time... other things that were very high on the list were different character attributes - like a love relationship with God, integrity, accountability, humility...

I open this to comments on any things that you guys put on your list that you may not think that I have...

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home