Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Monday, November 27, 2006

mysterious ways...

Life is not a problem to be solved, but a gift to be enjoyed. - Joseph P. Dooley

Up early today (well early considering sleep eluded me until about 3am) and talked with my mama for almost two hours! Missed the bus that I originally wanted to take at 10:30... (I had some stuff to do at the shopping centre) - but turns out for the best as Kara called and babysitting today was cancelled... and as sad as my pocketbook (who really calls it that) will miss the weekly income - it is truly a great thing - I have a huge assignment due on Wednesday morning by 8am... and its worth 40% of our mark - and it also goes without mentioning that I have not written a single word of it... So God really does work in mysterious ways!

I think that sometimes we miss seeing how God works because we don't pay attention to the details that encompass all that God is... such a delight!

Here is some stuff I read today...

This is the day the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it! Psalm 118:24

In "The Adventure of the Naval Treaty" Dr. Watson says of Holmes: "He walked past the couch to an open window and held up the drooping stalk of a moss rose, looking down a thte dainty blend ofcrimson and green. It was new phase of his character to me, for I had never before seen him show ans interest in natural objects. "'There is nothign in whihc deduction is so necessary as in religion,' said he, leaning with his back against the shutters... 'Our highest assurance of the goodness of Providence seems to me to rest in the flowers. All other things, our powers, our desires, our food, are really necessary for our existence in the first instance. But this rose is and extra. Its smell and its colour are an embellishment of life, not a condition of it. It is only goodness which gives extras, and so I say again that we have much to hope from the flowers.'"

That was so interesting to read... I don't always think of things like that but really it is sooo true! Life is filled with extras - gifts from a loving God that embellish and enrich our lives. Things like reading that truly touch my life... I always love finding different ways to look at things and different perspectives that present different views of who God is... I will never look at a flower the same way again... smiles... they have incredible meaning to my tiny heart now!

Now that we are all over the map... I have just returned from a quick outting to get my bus ticket for Terrace... leaving on the 13th... wow - like two weeks away! YIKES! And I got some eggs... to make chocolate chip cookies for the pples on 4M to say thanks a zillion for all your help in my learning this past semester... smiles (gonna miss them! but glad to be done!)
So off to get some of that essay at least started - even if it is only a few words! OH! just reminded of my final evaluation... sigh - gotta get that done today too and sent off! crazy day! I love it... well ok a little sarcasm there... but the reward will come later tonight as I have dinner with my sweet love... life has been busy and we haven't been out in forever it seems! East Side Marios it is... mmmm I think I already know what I want!
Ok now I am just rambling... time to buckle down... 6hrs til dinner... lets see how much I can accomplish and how little I procrastinate! Ambitious I know... wink!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Sorry I haven't been commenting, Beta blogger keeps going down and preventing me from signing in!

Nice quote by Doyle. I'm enjoying your blog! And I'm also looking forward to some of your marshmallow cream cheese dip... yum!

10:58 PM  
Blogger Carin said...

good to know people are alive :P Thanks Gwen.... you are always such an encouragement!

6:07 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home