Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Sunday, February 03, 2008

thankful...

I think that it was at work the other night that I was thinking how thankful I was to be alive... I was thinking about how much I really did have to be thankful for...

like the fact that after backing into someone's car I had the money to pay for it...
like the fact that I have the ability to help a little girl and her foster family...
like that fact that when I wake up to a freezing cold home, I can get my furnace fixed...
like the fact that I have a home with a furnace that needs to be fixed...
like the fact that my sister comes to visit me and we can laugh ourselves to sleep...
like the fact that my brother stops over after his week long holiday to say hello...
like the fact that my sister and her friend will sit at the table and talk to about school...
like the fact that I have friends who call and leave incredible messages on my phone...

Yes, I have a great deal to be thankful for in this world... I am glad to be alive - although I am sure many of you often wonder if I still exist... giggles.... I am here, and I get your messages - and I am truly very grateful for them!

Thanks Papa for the gifts you give - even the ones that come in strange packages

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura said...

this makes me smile!!

2:30 PM  
Blogger Darci said...

great thank you list.. I need to do one of my own..

11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home