Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Thursday, January 17, 2008

Days like today...

It is days like today that make me feel like being a nurse is the greatest ever... I am currently on my morning break and feeling quite joyous that my day is going so smoothly thus far! I have started 2 new IV's, finished all my morning meds, morning assessments, some charting even and have gotten all my IV meds mixed for the rest of the day! Yes ladies and gentlemen I am on the ball today!!
There is something to be said for starting your day right... I have come to notice that the days that I make the time to get up and get myself ready - spirit, soul and body - those days are always the most productive... funny how that is... maybe there really is some truth in the whole "those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength" or "the joy of the Lord is your strength"... hmmm do we really believe that what we believe is real?? I have come to realize that believe it or not... smiles... it is the truth - and the truth supercedes the illusion that the world offers...
All that to say - its a great day to be alive - I have great patients today... well mostly, smiles... I love it when you get a room full of good ones...

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

Glad you are having a good day and it's nice to see you blogging again!

4:05 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home