Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Friday, December 19, 2008

some exciting news!

With the encouragement of Travis (a friend at work), well ok... he brought the application and filled out half of it... I applied for a part time position in ER/ICU!

I heard back on the 17th from the nurse manager for that department and it looks as though I have the job! :)

It would mean that I would work part time in ER/ICU - floating between the departments, and part time on the Acute Care Unit where I already work. One day and one night in each department... I am really excited about this opportunity! I am excited to expand and develop my skills as a nurse... it really is a great opportunity! :)

It is not that I dislike my job... not at all! I love the people I work with and the work on the floor... I find myself very blessed to be working in a job that I love and with so many great people... and again with so many opportunities to be His hands in this world...

I won't start this new position until the end of January... I will start with an orientation to the ER (even though I already work casual down there) and then as soon as thats over...
I go to Prince George... for the month of February I am going to PG for my ICU practicum! It is not where I originally wanted to go... I did want to go to Nanaimo, but it seems that God has other plans... and it looks like it will be easier to visit Matt on my days off... :) blessing in disguise I would say!
After I return to Terrace in March I start a month long orientation to the ICU here... before starting in on my line in April...

SO much goes on... each day truly is an adventure!!! To think that all this is happening... when CHRISTMAS is in less than a week!!! Yes... I am beyond excited for that... but thought I would share with you all a little tidbit of my daily happenings and events...

SQUISHES

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home