Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Saturday, March 13, 2010

I had taken a leave...

"In Luke 15:17-20 a young man who has badly insulted his father 'comes to his senses'. It is a remarkable turn of phrase, because it implies that we are never truly ourselves or at our best when we are far from God. It implies that when we leave God we take leave of our senses." - Herb Sawatzky


How often do you have 'bad' days? It seems that I have had more than my share the last while... not anything in particular really just an overabundance of sleepless days/nights, probably some PMS, and unfortunately too many days where I haven't spent the time with my Papa... all of the above contribute to a bad day or temporary insanity but I think that the last one is the clincher... we are not ourselves when away from our Papa... this seems to be the turmoil I have felt... I KNOW the truth - and I am pressing into that - singing and praying - HE IS MY JOY - MY ALL IN ALL.... and that is the purpose of my life...


My cousin posted the above quote on her facebook... and I just about glanced over it... my Papa is so incredible the ways that Publish Posthe speaks to me! :)


and so... I am officially no longer on leave of my senses! ;)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home