Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Sunday, December 27, 2009

What a wonderful Christmas...

It turned out to be a great year after all! :) The morning of the 24th we rolled ourselves out of bed and got ready for our Skype date with Matt's family in Creston - watched the kids open their gifts... it was so incredible to share those moments with them! Kids sure do make Christmas great! After we watched them open all their gifts we were able to open ours... Aaron, Heather, Matt and I... we all got spoiled!
What did I get you ask?! Well.... not that I am excited or anything... but I got an...EXPRESSO MACHINE!! So I spent a good part of the rest of the day making eggnog lattes, mochas, london fogs, peppermint mochas... it was just great!! I kept thinking of people I could just invite over so I could make a coffee for them! ha ha ha... I never did end up calling anyone, I was just too busy getting ready for our big dinner... which turned out wonderfully! We all had a great time...
On the 25th I got up nice and early (about 6am) and got my behind off to work - it was a great day full of birthday wishes and birthday cake! Work was not very busy at all - I had only one little bitty baby... (their family was waiting to celebrate til the babe got to go home, which I might add was today)...

the 26th - BOXING DAY! started out to be a bit of a disaster... Matt was a little grumpy that he got out of bed to go to Walmart so early only to find out they didn't have what they had advertised... oh dear... and me - it was just sooooo early - it was really fun to see everyone there though! Anyhoo - the rest of the day went wonderfully! Matt and I came home for a bit then he went to check out Staples, came home with breakfast and we snuggled on the cough while watching one of our BoxingDay finds... then we went for a walk so that I could pick up my new "gym" and some veggies for Turkey Soup... it was a little colder than anticipated... but it was just so nice to be spending that day with my husband... smiles - after we got back I had to nap... to get ready for work that night... but really - it was just one of those nice "spending time together days"...
Hope you guys all had some great Christmas Days! Only 363 more days to go before we get to do it all again!!!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home