Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Worth-ship

Hey guys - here's a few treasures that I found this morning...

Psalm 135:3 "Praise the Lord, for the Lord is good; Sing praises to His name for his name is lovely."

Worship, where did the term come from? Well, if we were living back in the times of Chaucer or Shakespeare the term would just be coming into use. It would be a shortening of the term worth-ship. The concept being to attribute worth to someone who was worthy. We attribute praise to God because of His worth-ship. This was eventually called worship.

We praise God because of His goodness. (PS. 135:3) There is nothing that God has ever done that He could have done better. Nothing! Remember in Genesis 1 where God reflects on the things that He had created and says, "And God saw that it was good". The actions of God are good doings. God is the quintessential do gooder. He always does good.

We praise God because of His electing love. (PS. 135:4) Lots of people do not like to talk about election. They shiver at the thought that God choose them, before they choose Him. Shiver all you wish, it is all over Scripture, For example Romans 9. Our response should be warm praise to the Lord for His graciousness to us rather than a cold shiver that says, I choose you and saved myself. We ought to give thanks to our saving God, whose electing love has been upon us all our days, yes, even into all eternity. "All in the church may hear the Word of Christ, but few hear Christ in the Word." George Swinnock "It is a poor worship to move our hats, not our hearts." Thomas Adams

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home