Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Friday, December 08, 2006

Holiday Happies...

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg Nog around christmas time... and hot chocolate, if its the good stuff is always a treat when coming in from the snow!

2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Santa puts them under the tree... the elves do the wrapping! don't ya know anything! :P

3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I like the white lights on the tree... but grew up with coloured ones... we never had lights on our house as a kid... right now though my roomie and I have coloured with some white stars...

4. Do you hang mistletoe? I sure do, so make sure you are wearing chapstick!

5. When do you put your decorations up? If I had it my way - I would start hanging decorations the last week of November... when Christmas music starts playing on the radio - the decorations go up!

6. What is your favorite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? I couldn't tell you...

7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child: Having a day where my family would all play and relax together - even my dad

8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? What truth about Santa? That he lives at the North Pole?! I know you can't possibly be referring to the myth that everyone believes about him not being real! If he isn't real - how come the cookies always get eaten?!

9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? We never have... but when I have my own family I want to start the tradition of getting a Kris Kringle on Christmas Eve.

10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? I love to decorate with a common theme... lots of red and gold... very elegant... but that is definitely not how my mother does it... it is much more haphazard!

11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? I love snow - it is so magical... snowflakes that stay on my nose and eyelashes...!

12. Can you ice skate? well... I can stand on skates.. maybe glide a little, do a little twirl maybe?! Who am I kidding - what I do would not be considered ice skating!

13. Do you remember your favorite gift? I got a really cool doll bed when I was younger, a light up barbie house that my dad helped to put together, but my all time favourite - is my christmas snow... anyone who doesn't know... it is a story you must hear!!

14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? being with my family - with people I love and spending time with them!

15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert? Candycane ice-cream, or Jilly's shortbreads!

16. What is your favorite holiday tradition? hmmm... thats a hard one! I love everything about Christmas...

17. What tops your tree? A birthday hat... my roommate started this tradition on our first christmas together and it is one that I will continue forever and ever - it was one of my best presents ever! (my birthday is on Christmas)

18. Which do you prefer giving or Receiving? Its my favourite thing in the whole world to give presents!! If I could I would be rich and spend all my money on buying presents for people!

19. What is your favorite Christmas Song? I think my favourite older one is "What child is this?" but I love all the newer ones too!!

20. Candy Canes! Yuck or Yum? yum yum yum... and candy cane ice-cream, and and...giggles

21.Do you like Christmas music? I love love love Christmas music - have been playing the Holiday Hits channel on tv for the past week non-stop!

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

MMMM...candy cane ice cream...yummy!

You'll have to tell me the snow story...I want to know! haha!

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home