Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Friday, December 08, 2006

my birthday celebration!

Wednesday started off horribly - I had to be up early for class and even earlier becuase I had to get ready for my grad photos which were right after class... and I had bags under my eyes the size of china! Then in class (last one!!!) I had to do a poster presentation and as we were driving to campus, I realized that I was missing some information on my board! oh my... oh and did I mention mr. north wind blowing so hard that all the work done on my hair was for nothing! grr...
The day made a quick turn aournd though!! Chandra picked me up and we made our way to Toronto for my birthday treat - a day at the salon to get my hair done!! The top stylist - Wayne - is crazy!! He had us laughing all day... and then almost crying when I discovered that he made my hair pink and chopped about 4inches off... It looks great though!!! and there were no tears because I surprisingly loved it!!! And I have to say - it is not pink as you will soon see in pictures but rather a very bright red... fuschia if you will!! (you can see the colour best in the picture with Justin as the colour is under a layer of deep brown!)
Once Wayne had completely transformed us - we did some shopping and had Harvey's for dinner!! yum! I think Harvey's is my favourite fast food burger place... When our bellies were full we headed south to pick up Ryan! (I was super excited to meet Ryan - Chan's new man!) He's a great guy and makes Chandra happy - so therefore makes me happy, but he better make sure he doesn't pull any tricks... or I'll have to hunt him down!!!
Back to the shwa to change and head out to the Tartan (a local pub) where we were meeting all of our friends... most of the pictures from the night are following... not a wild and crazy night by any means - but it was so nice to see some old friends! Thank you to everyone for all of your kind words/gifts... I am gonna miss you guys!
It was an early but wonderful birthday! A special thank you to my sweet love... you are too much wonderful!

My Girls!



Lana darling n me...



My nurse girls...



Justin and me...



Steve, Kristal, and me!



Me n Somer

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Your hair looks awesome!!

I'm so proud of you for finishing your schooling...you must be so happy to be finally done with it all! I could have never had done that at your age. Its taken this long for me to actually want to go back to school. Be proud of yourself girl. You'll have to give me a few pointers when I get my butt back to the books in fall (if all goes well). Take care and have a safe trip back here!

12:51 AM  
Blogger Carin said...

Tanya - thank you a million times for always leaving such wonderful comments!

6:44 AM  
Blogger jessicabrandenbarg said...

Hey..
happy late birthday... Cute hair.. i like it alot. Looks like you had a good time!

11:58 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home