Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

emergency


So the last two days... have been the most intense days in emergency yet I think! We were super busy, but thats ok because I like it busy! (sorry if that sounds morbid) These past two days weren't the typical days of busy either - typical meaning "I have a temp, my throat hurts, I have pain..." they are legit but not as crazy wow as all the stuff that has come in the past few days... on my first day the most 'yikes' thing was a person who came in with severe facial fractures from a MVA (motor vehicle accident), her face was so badly broken that her sinuses were exposed - I have never seen anything like it ever!
Yesterday was really busy too - fractured collar bones, seizures, chest pain, incomplete miscarriage, and the grossest was a guy who came in with his fingers all mashed... one finger tip was still in the glove... I think it was the grossest thing ever... I had to pick it up and put it in some normal saline solution... ugh - I felt so bad for that guy! OOO and I got to teach the two other nurses how to test for RSV in infants... it involves sticking a suction catheter up the baby's nose and suctioning it into a sputum trap.... boring for you - but yay for me!
So... wonder what tonight will bring...

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

sounds exciting nursey lol

1:24 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

Yikes!! I had my thumb nail ripped off once, it wasn't that fun.

8:48 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Right on, I wish I'd had a suction catheter when my kids were tiny, it would have saved so much work when they had colds!

6:59 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Sounds interesting and gross alright!!

Syd had to get tested for RSV when she was younger...not fun at all...unless your a nurse I guess! haha!

11:32 PM  
Blogger Darci said...

Girl, where you on when Caleb came down from Shames?? neways.. I miss you soo much.. Even though we didn't really get to hang out!! Ps Caleb is doing really good!

1:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home