Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Thursday, April 05, 2007

Life events...updates...

First off... a BIG thank you to my darling Gwen who made all the necessary changes for me with regards to my flight back to Toronto! It almost became a big scare when I couldn't fly out on the 12th!! (my flight to the dominican leaves from TO on the 13th!) But Gwen of course rescued me and got me a seat on the 11th! (a day early I am sad to say but I will still make it!) Also leaving a day early kind of impacts my final evaluation for my clinical work but - I already contacted my faculty advisor and all is well!!

Life has been so busy and so full I don't even know how to catch everyone up! So I will add some highlights!
- The HUGE snowfall we have just recently encountered in our spring loving Terrace! We (Heather, Aaron and me) built a snow fort outside - inside would have just been a little too messy! oh and by the way - Aaron did most of the work! I was too busy throwing snowballs! It was their first snowday of the year - talk about craziness!! I love it!!

- Lunch with Henny at the Hot House!! My very first ever butter chicken tasting in the form of a butter chicken wrap, my first ever veggie samosa, AND my first ever Pakora? (SP) But of course the best part of all of that was being able to just enjoy Henny's company - she is such an incredible woman! I can only hope to be half the woman she is... :)

- Boarding with Birke... for this there is no words... I will post a picture of us at the top of the black diamond run that I, yes I, dominated!!



- cell group... I so enjoy going to see that group of 'family' each week... the playing of wallyball, the discussions and teaching, the conversations of randomness, the shared excitement over life events, and the love that is shared between all... Thanks to my cell for last night - the prayers and words of encouragement will go the distance I am sure! :)

- oh and one mustn't forget the birth of beautiful baby Isaiah Stuart! I loved being able to visit him in the hospital! "Jenna, that boy of yours is beautiful!"

WELL... today is going to be a full day of sorting and packing and should be homeworking, taxes and Grey's (going to a colleagues to watch!)... add in a little hazelnut coffee (ma fav) and some tanning to prepare for this impending luxury vacation and we have a wonderful day!

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Wicked snow fort! The snowboarding picture is great!

8:30 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Have a wonderful fun filled,safe vacation,p.s. don't forget to take pics.tanya

7:01 PM  
Blogger Christy said...

Butter chicken! Drool!

10:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home