Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Monday, August 13, 2007

a good one...

It has been a while since I have posted a good post. Really it is mostly due to my laziness - yes it is true! I have so much going on - and yet have no idea where to begin!!
Let's start with right now - working overtime! Yesss!!! I am hoping and praying to be a workaholic for the next month and a half... why you wonder - because I am buying a house!!
I put in an offer on Friday - and after a few counter offers back and forth - we settled! Now, we have to go through the contract and remove all of the subject to's... ie: subject to financing, subject to buyer (thats me!) obtaining satisfactory insurance, subject to satisfactory inspection... those kind of things!! I dont' really have any concerns though - so *squeals* I am super excited about that!
My closing date is September 17... so I have to work work work so that I have all of my downpayment, then I also am going to need absolutely everything to fill the house up - kitchen wares, furnitures, lawn care... all the joyous things that fill a house and make it a home!
I am thinking that I won't move in right away (I will be housesitting for my old preceptor anyway) but that I will do some painting first... the kitchen is perfect! I want to paint the bathroom, the master bedroom and who knows what else yet! I just figure that it would make the most sense to paint before the furniture arrives! Painting party anyone????
Ok - so that is my biggest, hugest news!! Next up, white water rafting on Tuesday - woot woot!!! Super excited about that - I love the sense of adventure that it instills in me... I love the wide open world that is before me... yahoo - rapids here I come!!
Also on the go right now... planning a shower for Devin and Moneca - it will be a joint shower, guys and girls all mixed in together - August 24th @7pm(kind of last minute but I couldn't let the girl go without a shower!!) If you are interested in coming let me know and I will fill you in on details!! Let's bless the socks off this couple!!
So now, that this has become quite a rather lengthy post, I am sure you are wondering - at work????? Yes, I am at work - don't worry, on a break!! Patient load is good, not too heavy - cant complain... actually I love my job!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Wow, CONGRATULATIONS!!! If everything turns out, I can weild a paintbrush while my kids are at school.

I covet that kitchen.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

How on earth can you say that you're lazy when you're so busy? You need to give yourself some more credit girl!!! How did your rafting trip go? Where's your house? Congratulations. I'm not around right now, but I'll be back on the 23rd...I'm missing you all!

1:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home