Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Thursday, August 31, 2006

the last few days...

Tuesday night....

I took Heather (my sister) and headed out to Mr. Mikes for some dinner with people from work... it wasn't anything overwhelming but a few of us got together for a little goodbye... yes, I am done work! But I'll be back... there's just something about this place! I've made some great friends at Mills Memorial... and I look forward to seeing them again at Christmas time when I am here...

Wednesday night...

Wednesday night (last night) was my last cell here in Terrace before leaving to go back to ON... we had a potluck - it was wonderful to just hang out with people... I finally got to hear Tamara's story about her trip to Edmonton... super excited for her!

Little Princess Shannon here in the pic was such a darling... as always - so adorable... oh and can't forget cute little lion -her precious beenie... giggles...

After cell, I met up with Christina for a drink... she's an awesome person... just searching right now... I know Papa has a plan for her life! We hung out at BP's until close... there were other friends that we ended up sitting with - people she knew... and then some that I actually knew... who'd a thought I would actually know people in this small town! Anyhoo... after I dropped her off, I hung out with another friend and we ended up talking til after 4am! crazy...

so that brings us to today... gonna practice my flute (I know Jilly, I sound like a geek) because Michelle and Gwen want me to play on Sunday... ummm not sure that is gonna work out - I haven't played in years... so we'll see...

And so I am off... to discover today... each and every day has a gift to offer... a treasure to seek out...

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

Carin,
I'm soooo sorry I missed saying goodbye to you before I left. I wanted to say goodbye and stuff and totally forgot! I totally suck! Please forgive me! :(

2:15 AM  
Blogger Carin said...

absolutely Ruthie!! You have been such a treasure to get to know... an inspiration to watch... I look forward to getting to know you better over the next few months even as I am a few thousand miles away!
I hope you are enjoying your holiday... and the wedding tomorrow!
Squishes...

12:03 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

nursey darling,

I hope u enjoyed ur time in bc :) looks like it!!

love yah bunches

pokey

4:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home