Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006

shopping and hiking...

yes, what a great combo... smiles...

So this morning, woke up to an eager Heather... waiting to go shopping for back to school clothes and gear... and of course, April too! We had a great time... covered pretty much all of Terrace - Heather got some awesome new jeans as well as a zillion other things... I had to restrain myself from buying anything more! (leaving in less than 2 weeks with negative room in my suitcase!)

About 10 minutes after I got home Birke called... a hiking we will go - they'll pick me up in a half hour! yikes! Birke and Matt arrived just in time - I had my hiking shoes on and was ready to go! We stopped to pick up Matt's son, Jaden, and then headed toward Kitimat... we hiked up to Hirsh Creek... it was a 2hr hike... and it was crazy! I was attacked... rather severely... I must say that I screamed at the top of my lungs... it was a horrific spider... horrible horrible creature! From that moment on... Birke had to be my protector! So we kept treking... no bears thank goodness, I would never have survived that!
The view was breathtaking... awe-inspiring... wow... just wow is all I can say! I don't know how people can say that there is no God! Just look at the majesty of the mountains and the rivers... gorgeous!
The hike ended with Matt jumping off of a bridge into a canyon (for the second time) - crazy man! After a quick dip in the water for Jaden... saving a few more frogs... we were homeward bound...
now... time for a bath!!! gotta soak these beat feet!

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

Hirsh Creek ROXZORS seriously.. Did you guys jump the bridge or hike up and jump the canyon. I've done both I LOVE it great fun :D

Your a wuss scared of spiders you probably ate 1 while you were sleeping last nite haha

7:54 AM  
Blogger Carin said...

to make things straight... first, I didn't jump... and second... I am not a wuss... the spider attacked me!

10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home