Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Sunday, January 14, 2007

miscellaneous

So it seems that I have gone completely invisible from the world of blogger peoples... Since I arrived in Terrace, my world has been a whirlwind of adventure!

Thursday night I had cell group - it had been sooo long since I have been able to go... definitely was excited to go! Afterward I went over to Birke's - some people from the hospital were over just hanging out... we played cranium by rules that I thought I knew, and really didn't!


Friday morning we (Birke and I) were up early and headed to the mountain to test out my new board! While we were in the pro shop getting my board waxed one of the people there mentioned that they heard Birke had some concert tickets for sale... turns out she did - but they were for that night... so I being who I am said - why on earth do you have tickets for a concert tonight - that you are not going to?! She said she didn't want to go alone and her friend had to cancel... so I said... "let's put in a few runs, then head down to PG!"


The adventure began... boarding was great - definitely improving am I! - and then we took mom's car, left her Birke's truck, and headed on our 8hr drive to PG... usually only supposed to take 6hrs... but of course the weather has left the roads in less than desirable conditions... and mom's tires are pretty crappy... we made it in time though - they did a great job! I will try to post a picture if I can figure out how to upload them from my phone!


We stayed over at one of Birke's friends, and headed out bright and early the next morning... back to Terrace... where I found that my movers had delivered my goods!!! Christmas at the our house last night was an absolute delight!


it was just awesome watching their faces as they all opened gifts that caused visible reactions... April's reaction I think was my favourite... almost made me want to cry as she audibly breathed in when she saw the dress... (she looks absolutely gorgeous in it too!!)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Christy said...

What concert did you see?

And what is the beautiful dress for??

Thanks for the maternity shirt! Its so cute! I love it!

10:12 PM  
Blogger starla said...

I would also like to know what concert you went to and what the dress is for? Grad maybe?

10:50 PM  
Blogger Carin said...

sorry guys - thought I mentioned it.. concert was The Tragically Hip... and the dress is for her prom/grad in June!

7:48 AM  
Blogger Tamara said...

My dad would be so jealous of you seeing the Tragically Hip!

11:01 AM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh wow i just love that band,bet it was great to see them live.

4:29 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home