Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

honoured and celebrated

Talk about being honoured... it was absolutely incredible the treatment that I received last night - my last shift as a student nurse...

Sonja (my preceptor) and the other nurses brought in a ginormous platter of fruit and dip, veggies and dip, crackers and anitpesto, cheese and a huge 'Congratulations Carin' cake... it was incredible! And then I had my final evaluation as well... words spoken were so incredibly honouring and humbling to me - I pray that I one day will live up to all of the confidence and kind words... you know the saying 'go where you are celebrated, not where you are tolerated'? Well... I definitely feel celebrated here!
And to top it off... Sonja gave me the most incredible gift ever! I took a picture just moments ago and it is gorgeous enough that I had to take the time to speak of this last evening and post the picture for all to see...




There are no more words to describe the beauty of that quilt... She said the colours and patterns reminded her of me when she was making it and thus decided it would be a perfect graduation gift... I couldn't agree more!! I will miss everyone at Mills over the next two months... they have become another 'family'...


SO that said, today I depart on the red eye flight to Toronto! I will then spend the day and night in TO with my friends Graham and Somer... before returning to the airport on Friday to head off to glorious sunshine and happiness!
Spending today packing some last minute stuff, laundry, meeting the notary, some other errands (gotta get that benadryl-can't believe I forgot that one! thanks Gwen!)and then having dinner at the Hot House (thanks to Henny's introduction to the place!) with some girls from the hospital... oh and if all goes well maybe a quick nap in there somewhere?! sooo tired as I didn't really sleep before my shift last night... sigh... too much excitment and stuff to think of!
I will update as often as I can... and I will miss you all... Chan - I can hardly wait to see you!!!!! Excitement that cannot be contained for much longer!!!


Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Gwen said...

Wow, what an amazing quilt! It's beautiful.

HAVE FUN!!!!!

9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home