Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Saturday, December 12, 2009

Island of Misfit Toys

There are many of you out there that don't know my whole family situation... but in the efforts of not exposing everyone's pains... I will share with you the simple fact that we will not all be together this Christmas... its been a hard few months andnow with the Christmas season here I am doing my best to make it a Merry one... Heather and I have done a whole bunch of things in the efforts of finding the joy of the holiday season...
First we planned a Christmas Costume party and made a whole bunch of invitations:


next we set out with one of Heather's friends from school to do some Christmas baking... the tin below is to be sent out to our brother Brook to add some Christmas cheer to him (he's not coming out to spend time with us this year... :(


then... we went and cut down our very real Christmas tree - it was a windy affair full of adventure and hot cider.... (this picture is a replica of sorts from last year's tree hunting adventure... smiles - last year was our first Christmas as a couple... this year is our first one married!)


then in efforts to keep the Christmas joy flowing freely - Heather and I set out to make our very own Christmas garland out of popcorn and cranberries (just like Lorelai and Rory)...tee hee


Our tree decorating was wonderful... aside from my knee crushing one of the lights... a little blood and a pretty butterfly band aid... some beautiful snowflakes and lots of lights... a great time was had... and it lasted over 3 days! (I had to work quite a bit)


and most recently... :) was our Christmas Costume Party!!! There was so many different costumes! It was really great - there was cookie decorating, candy guesses, name games... and Jack Frost won the Best Costume! I was so proud of that man of mine... he dressed up and he did so much to help get ready...


And coming up is our Christmas dinner... this year because of all of the family drama we have decided to open our home and have people over who don't have other places to go... a sort of 'misfits Christmas' if you will... I am actually quite excited about it - two friends from work are coming who don't have any family around and then there is a couple from church whose families are all not here - and then there is another girl from our church family... maybe misfits is not the right word... but its from a Christmas movie... and in the end - they all belong!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger starla said...

what a great post!!! I think i might just have to do popcorn garlands with Gabe next year! Maybe i'll only put them on the top of the tree though so lily and noah don't eat them up before the big day, haha!

5:58 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

seasons of hope and pain...ah, life.

Carin, I greatly admire your huge heart and the way you love those around you. You do my heart good.

I had to look close at the picture of heather in costume - I do see the resemblance! If I ever need a double, I know who to ask.

9:39 AM  
Blogger Darci said...

And what a lovely party it was!!

12:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I enjoy what you guys are up too. This type of clever work and exposure!
Keep up the great works guys I've included you guys to my own blogroll.

Check out my homepage :: Cafe San Diego

5:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home