Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Sunday, December 06, 2009

pillow talk...

I thought that today I would share a little of my recent struggles with you... I hadn't really realized how much I was feeling this way until last night when Matt and I were laying in bed last night... we were just talking and praying together... and I was for once being a little vulnerable...
I have been feeling quite isolated lately... it seems that I am working so much and so I have to miss church or prayer or anything... and with all of my family drama going on... and lack of outside friendship - I just have been feeling alone.
I sometimes feel like I don't have things in common with anyone... I mean, I can share in the joys and journeys of God with people... but I have no gift to share with anyone - who really wants to hear about the sick people I take care of? I can listen... but how else can I bless people and share in their lives? It makes me feel a little emotional... smiles - but I guess that is a good thing... better than bottling it all up...
It makes me wonder how many other people out there feel disconnected or alone sometimes... I mean I always have God - he never leaves me nor forsakes me... he's been my constant always. I have Matt and by no means do I mean to say that he isn't the greatest friend of all time - cuz he is my best friend...
So yeah... just feelin a little down - maybe too much work-too many night shifts... In the efforts of not sounding too blah and depressed, I feel much better after praying and talking with my husband last night... those who wait on the Lord will renew their strength... sigh... peace...

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Jenny said...

Carin, I'd love to hear about all those sick people you take care of!LOL
The Christmas season is the most wonderful time of the year, but it brings emotional highs and lows. I've been dealing with some family drama the past couple of months too...it really sucks. One thing I've learned is having your husband by your side to share in the highs and lows is such an amazing gift to have.

I am missing out on Cell. Thursdays are too busy for me.
You are a wonderful woman who blesses those around with your beautiful smile and sense of spirit. You have many things to share with people. Never underestimate yourself!!
Hugs

12:35 PM  
Blogger Darci said...

I know what your feeling, it's an odd sense of disconnection. I think sometimes just listening is what people need.

12:48 AM  
Blogger Ruth said...

I love you so much Carin!!

You are you, and I wouldn't change you for anything. You are a Proverbs 31 woman & that means you are rarer than rubies ;)

Vs. 20-"She opens her hand to the poor, yes, she reaches out her filled hands to the needy"

I love that you nurture and care for anyone who is in need. How you are a "nurse" to anyone who is broken. That is more than a job, that is a ministry. That is your gift. You are like a walking healing balm wherever you go. Not many could do what you do. You really are incredible!

Vs. 30- "Charm and grace are deceptive, and beauty is vain, but a woman who reverently and worshipfully fears the Lord, she shall be praised!"

You are that woman!!

12:01 PM  
Blogger Lynnie Ha said...

disconnected or alone...??? most of the time. i hear ya.

ps. i can come Christmas eve! :) and... i'm definately a misfit, i embrace that wee label, lol!!! <3

~lynne

1:47 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home