Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

more courses


So tired today... didn't sleep well at all last night... for many reasons - but the bottom line remains - I didn't sleep well... and I am here at work now... after a busy morning awaiting the arrival of my post-op patient. I took the liberty of using this time to register for some more courses... starting in January... just when I thought that I was going to have a resemblance of a life... I go and take not just one more course - but two! The first one is an ECG and Dysrhythmia management course (my nemesis) and the second one is a Critical Care Theory course (which means essays galore)...
I do have to add... its a blessed thing that Northern Health is paying for these courses... just one of them is $986 with an extra $260 for all the materials required... WHAT???? SO when you hear/read about my complaining come Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr... remind me that I am blessed to have these courses being paid for... that I love my job... that I am not tired, I am growing... expanding my mind... learning how to better care for my patients... oh my, what have I gotten myself into...???

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ruth said...

you are going to do great! you may need many, many coffee's & lots of hugs & encouragement...but what are all of us hear for if not to be your cheer squad!! Love you!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Darci said...

So not much winter fun stuff, but just think you can then enjoy at least another three months before taking more!

12:09 AM  
Blogger Jenny said...

You'll do amazing Carin!!!

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home