Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Saturday, July 22, 2006

That girl loves me!



So the most wonder-lovely thing happened at work... well maybe not everyone will think so... but it touched my heart in so many ways! I have this one patient who I have been looking after almost daily for the past three sets (work weeks) and I was in his room talking to him about eating his ensure (dietary supplement) because he hadn't eaten them all day long and he really needed to be getting those nutrients... anyway after a rather expressive conversation - I laughed and was walking out of the room... when I was out of his sight I heard him say to the guy across from him... "That girl loves me Ed!" It was such a simple statement, but it warmed my heart right to the core. I was so very grateful that he knew that he was loved... and then so very thankful that I was having an effect in his life... (this is the same guy who calls me Cumbria... giggles - he was really confused one day due to morphine and couldn't remember my name properly... lol well at least he got the right letter... his wife giggled... and the name stuck!)

Anyhoo... so much more that I want to write about but for now... I have to write a paper... ugh...

Must say though... beautiful day my love... thank you...sigh

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home