Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Wednesday, January 17, 2007

lovin it!

So today, my first day as an ER nurse... wonderful! I love the ER, it is going to be a wonderful wonderful few months... I wonder if I will be able to survive on an inpatient unit after this?!?!
I saw tons today, and really not sure how much I can say due to confidentiality (small town life ya know) but it was a lot to say the least, some sad, some crazy, some intense, some "r u kidding me?!"
Christy... totally can't wait for baby girl to arrive... hopefully I am working that day... you have to call me so I can come!! They are such awesome people there - you are in great hands!! (and I hope to goodness that you don't have to make anymore trips to the ER, but yes it is nice to have a familiar face!! You just know that much more that you are going to be looked after :))

So back again tomorrow... and the next day... then off!

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger Rene D'herblay said...

Hey! Congrats on making it through your first ER day. I totally admire people like you. It takes a special kind of person to be a good nurse. Your blog is fun to read too!

9:18 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Thats awesome Carin! I'm really starting to look forward to taking my LPN course (if I'm accepted!). I enjoy reading about your days here, it inspires me to keep going for my goal!

So your nursing, working for a heli-ski company and working on bartending? How much time do you have on your hands anyways? haha!

Grey's tonight...missed it last week cause the cable was out (was NOT happy about that!) stop by if you want to join us! Take care!

2:23 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Hi Carin just thought i would drop you a line and say thankyou for the care and understanding you showed me in the er with my awful migraine.here is our blog http://angelswithwings-tanya.blogspot .com(the McRae's) email is tanya1972@hotmail.com

10:11 PM  
Blogger Riteesha Mathew said...

hey! good on ya for ur first day! wish u many more great days in the ER! have fun, God bless~

12:54 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home