Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Home sorta...

so much for keeping up with the blogging! ha ha ah... I have to agree with you Tams... vacation is no time for blogging! There wasn't a moment where I could break away... here, there, everywhere... and not a lot of sleep!
So I sat around the first day... didn't get too much sun - just enough! AJ on the other hand... burnt to a crisp on day one! (there are pictures that will NOT do justice of her burns...) Also on the first night we made it out to the show - wonderful dancing and fire breathing... and we met people (little did we know these people would be our week long friends)

I then got my hair braided the next day... count with me for just a moment - one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight, and yes one more... nine hours!!! I had the extensions put in and the lady was super slow... I would have been totally bummed to have spent a whole day doing it but AJ needed a break from the sun and I was able to sit and enjoy the scenery... how incredible the scenery is...
The next day we went on a Jeep Safari... it was incredible! We went all over a local town - we visited a local one room school house....

and then to a typical dominican countryside house where we were able to walk through and see what their home was like... there were tons and tons of kids... some little boys had some turtles - I got to hold one!

After this stop we were off to a cacao plantation... where we got to tour around and even try the cacao before it has begun the drying process... its really quite interesting (thats me reaching for a cacao been from the pod...



A lunch break where we had pina coladas made right in the pineapple... they were soooo good!

Next we went to different beach for a dip in the ocean before heading to the blue lake...

our last stop on the Jeep safari was at a waterfall where some locals jumped off and scurried back up the sides like spiders...


There are way too many pictures to be posting... smiles... that was only the first excursion... more pictures to come... and of course more stories!!!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Carin;
wow you really got your braided.It looks awesome can't wait to see it when you get back.Tan

1:17 AM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Your hair looks so good, Carin!! I'm glad you had such a swell time :) Noww it's time for you to come back!

3:21 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

I agree, your hair looks awesome. Looks like such a wonderful time, enjoy every moment away...I'm so jealous! Take care...and we need to get together when you get back!!

5:14 PM  
Blogger Gwen said...

ooooh, this looks SO wonderful! Can't wait for more pics!

10:53 PM  
Blogger starla said...

love your braids... and speaking as someone who has had them done twice, 9 hours is actually quite fast! both of mine took 14 hours!

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home