Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Tuesday, January 30, 2007

OSCARS!!


So apparently this chiquita bonita here might be headed to the OSCARS!!! Yes I know, sounds quite incredulous for someone as inconsequential as myself... but it is true - I got the call this morning... I was sleeping... so I called back when I woke up.
The call came from Kevin... he is one of the people I travel with regularly - (we are headed to Greece in May!) Kevin told me that someone had contacted him at work - he works for the CPA (Canadian Paraplegic Association)... the person is looking for someone to go with them to L.A. so that she can go to see her daughter at the Oscars... Kevin recommended me - me, little ol me! wahoo...
Now, its almost not fair for me to be going because I am not a movie buff, nor am I starstruck at all... so in that regard, I wish I could send someone else... I am totally thrilled to be maybe going to L.A. though - a dream that once again might come true much earlier than anticipated!
Gotta - run, get ready for work - but had to tell the world of the maybe in my future!
Oh.. and I am sure you are all wondering WHO?! giggles... the name of the 'star' is Lisa Ray - she is in HollywoodBollywood and the movie nominated is "Water" - I personally have never heard of her or the movie but one of my friends says that it is quite the acclaimed movie for real movie watchers... heck I say - send me to Cali!

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

That Sounds so exciting. Congrats. I have never heard of Lisa Ray But Who cares. Just being there is going to be so much fun. I hope it all works out for you. Chow

4:23 PM  
Blogger Jenny said...

Oh that is so exciting...I've dreamed my whole life of going to the Oscars..but for a nomination...
Good luck and have a blast!!!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

wooohoo I would go anyway regardless lol

12:35 PM  
Blogger Stephanie said...

I'm more jelous than you could imagine.

4:48 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh wow Carin that sounds like soo much fun and such an opportunity.Hope you do get to go.If you do I wonder if you get to walk the red carpet??? tanya

2:31 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home