Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Friday, February 02, 2007

tis a sad day...

"For I know the plans I have for you," says the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." - Jeremiah 29:11

There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. - Proverbs 23:18

Know also that wisdom is sweet to your soul; if you find it, there is a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off. - Proverbs 24:14

When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other. Therefore, a man cannot discover anything about his future. - Ecclesiastes 7:14

Ok, so I know that this is not some conspiracy out to get me but it was sad at the same time... I received an email late last night from the person who had initially wanted me to attend to their needs on the trip to L.A. - anyway the email said that they found another attendant who had worked for them before that would go along. I can understand that this would make someone more comfortable (already knowing the person) and ultimately I want for them to enjoy their holiday... but still it is saddening to me that I cannot go.
I know that God has a purpose and plan for my life and so as disheartening this is that I can't go - I know that it is all a part of the plan for my life! So thank you to everyone for the well wishes... its so great to get the support of people! :)

Today, I am just a little sore - soft tissue injuries (yes multiple of em!) I went snowboarding again yesterday - what a glorious time I had!!! Even the few falls on my head - not a deal (well today they are as my neck hurts like a bugger)... it was the final fall that ended our day... I was coming off of the lift and fell just like every other time - only difference was... I didn't take my knee with me... :( twisted and couldn't stand on it at first.... then hobbled about half way down the hill because there was no way in the world that I was going in one of those rescue toboggans!! I didn't need any help... I could do it on my own -the pain would go away eventually and I knew there was nothing they could do for me... I could suck it up... it was sooo hard to do!!!
WE made it only half way down the hill before the ski patrol stopped - "are you ok?" well what do I say to that?! um yeah just enjoying a walk??? lol... so I said 'kinda, just hurt my knee but I will be fine' - so she made me sit and put ice(snow) on it and wait for the stupid toboggan thing... urgh!! SOO embarrassing... when I knew that all I had was a soft tissue injury - nothing broken... sigh... so that was yesterday - today of course the pain all settles in - can't move my neck, my wrists are pained... one knee immobile, both knees are bruised, bum is sore, shoulders sore, arms sore, abs sore, toes sore - its all sore!!!
Thankfully I am alive... and I have a destiny still to fulfill... my future is bright!!! (just not a pro boarder or an Oscar attendee.... this year! *wink)

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tanya said...

Sorry to hear about your trip being changed,however you are right it is in God's plan.Wow that is one sport I would love to learn.Lol we should compare all of our bumps and bruises.How true we are still alive.tanya

2:46 PM  
Blogger Tanya said...

Oh my!! You poor girl! I've gone downhill skiing twice in my life...yep! And it caused me to have three knee surgeries afterwards! Be careful my dear!!

Hope you feel better soon!!!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Tamara said...

Carin...I still have so much BC-if-ying to do on you..now if only we could find the bloody time!!

You. me. camping in snow huts next month on top of Thornhill mountain.

11:34 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

ya ur future is bright ur a very determined woman so like I would expect any less and I love yah for it

12:20 PM  
Blogger Carin said...

Tams - you can keep your snow huts!!!!

We DO need to find some time though...

12:53 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home