Nursey's Niche

Everyday brings a chance for you to draw in a breath, kick off your shoes and dance!

My Photo
Name:
Location: somewhere over the rainbow

Emerson once said, "Insist on yourself; never imitate...every man is unique." I hope to be that way in every breath that I breathe, in every song that I sing, and every dance that I dance... My dance has taken me on quite the journey over the years! Right now I am living in Terrace, BC with my best friend and husband Matt and my little sister Heather... we're better together... I work at the hospital as a RN and am working toward my nursing specialty certificate in Critical Care... a journey for sure!

Saturday, February 10, 2007

yummy in my tummy!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MAMA!!!
(yesterday was the day the world celebrated my mom's 44th birthday... and the day I bake this delightful oreo cheesecake yumminess for us to enjoy!) I am sorry to say that between all the people in this house there is none left... but that just goes to show that it was yummy!

we of course ate this after a delightful meal complete with April's favourite punch... then after dinner we all played a new game called Tribond... it was good times for sure!! Aaron is really good at it... and must say that next time - he's on my team!!

It was a good day - before dinner I went for a lovely windblown walk with Starla... gosh it sure can get windy!! Thanks for the constant motivation Starla... you are wondeful!!

Even before the walk I was up for breakfast with some girls from the hospital... its always nice to meet up with friends - something I truly enjoy!!

OK - so today - just got back from that workshop at church... didn't really learn a whole lot of new things... but it was really great to build faith... I needed it! I loved hearing them speak, totally stirred inside all the dreams and passions for the things that God has for people - and there's nothing we can do to ever be 'good enough' its ALL free through grace!!

So now, totally procrastinating - I have to submit a proposal for a change project by the end of today... but I should really do laundry too.. *wink... I am such a procrastinator...

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Shan said...

I'm such a procrastinator too! I should have been doing homework all day since I'm behind anyways... instead I watched movies on tv, talked to my parents and slept - no homework. It was a good day for sure. :)

And that cheesecake looks incredible! I love cheesecake!

8:20 PM  
Blogger Laura said...

:) Hey cuz! sounds like life is going pretty well - I hope & pray that is the case. Those times with family are precious - I'm so glad you were able to celebrate your mom's birthday together.

5:39 AM  
Blogger Gwen said...

Happy birthday, D!

BTW Carin, yes, I know which car is yours... DOH!

8:48 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home